Sunday, September 29, 2013

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

One of the best things about being at Disney in the Fall (other than Food & Wine Festival, but  more on that later) is Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! The party is held on select nights throughout September and October. This is a special event that you need to purchase a ticket for and it is held at the Magic Kingdom.

If I could pick one word to describe this event is would be: AWESOME! I was lucky enough to receive a free ticket to this event as a Guest Relations Cast Member but there are also discounted tickets available to Cast Members for certain dates.

First thing to know is that almost everyone wears costumes! Even adults! In fact many families dress up in themes, I saw families where they were all characters from Alice in Wonderland, Wreck it Ralph, and the Wizard of Oz. It is really cool to walk around the Magic Kingdom and see everyone dressed up! Some people go all out for their costumes, and some look better than our characters look! I wanted to pick a Disney character but wanted one that I didn't think everyone would choose! You see a lot of princesses at this event! I chose to be Lilo from Lilo and Stitch.


Then there is a fantastic parade called Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade. This is the best Disney parade I have ever seen, and is regarded as one of the best parades on property. My friend in entertainment says the performers are the best of the best here at Disney and to be selected for this parade is a huge honor.


Next, special Hallowishes fireworks! Which like the parade can only be seen at the Halloween party! I wasn't as impressed with these fireworks as I was with the parade but they were still very good!

Many of the attractions were open but I didn't bother with that because there was so much else to do! There are many character meet and greets with characters that are not normally present in our parks. If you want a picture with the 7 Dwarfs this is your chance! The lines for rare characters can get very long so make sure you plan ahead! I didn't get to meet any characters but next time I will for sure!

Finally, the most important part: CANDY. There is trick or treating locations throughout the park where kids and adults can get candy. It is pretty good candy but they only give you a few pieces at a time, however as it gets later in the night they start becoming more generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment