Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Journey Begins!

Hello from Florida!

On Monday I moved into my new apartment and met my roommates Allyson, Sasha and Hannah. All of them are very nice and so far I really like the apartment. Allyson has a truck so she helped me go pick up a bed I bought on craigslist. I know you are probably thinking gross a used bed, but it was only 3 years old and it looks very clean. The lady who owned it is a teacher and she is selling because she is moving to Abu Dhabi to teach English! Anyway I bought these big giant plastic bags from Uhaul to put them in just in case it rained. And did it ever! It was pouring! When we got to the apartment we literally ran up the stairs carrying the mattress so fast! the side of the mattress and the box spring did get a little damp but I was able to dry it with a hair dryer.

Tuesday I spent unpacking and grocery shopping since my roommates are already doing their Guest Relations training. (They are both at Magic Kingdom). Tuesday night we had food trucks come to our apartment complex and I got a Hawaiian Hot Dog. It was a hot dog in a Hawaiian roll with coconut sauce and pineapple mustard. It sounds weird but it was really good. Then we had a Guest Relations meet up at Ale House. Only 7 of us went, but the people who I got to meet were really cool and it was nice to talk to a smaller group on a more personal level anyway.

Today was the big day to check into Casting! I was unsure what to expect because checking in for the College Programs was sort of a hassle. So I arrived at 10:15 am and had no idea where to go because there were no signs or anything. Finally I found the right place and met up with TJ and Nathan who I had met before at Ale House. We had to wait a long time to get fingerprinted but after that we were done. TJ and I met up with Nick at Downtown Disney for lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express and then we walked around a little bit.

I don't have Traditions until Friday at 8:45am so until then I will just be unpacking and hanging around my apartment since I don't have a Disney ID yet. Then GR Training starts on Sunday!


5 comments:

  1. Exciting start to the new adventure. What news do you hear about Beast's castle in MK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually know very little about the new fantasyland, however my friends have eaten at Be Our Guest and said it was really awesome. I hope to go there soon!

      Delete
  2. so exciting...love reading your updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! More will be coming soon as I start training!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for blogging, I love reading your posts!
    Good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete