Monday, February 22, 2010

First Impressions Day 3 and 4 and First day at POP!

So on Friday and Saturday I had my final two days of training at Disney university. On day 3 we did more practice check ins and learned how to do other procedures like cashing a personal check, changing rooms, exchanging foreign currency, etc.

On Saturday we practiced more in the lab and then learned how to do checkouts. The cafeteria was closed at Disney University because it was Sat, so we went over to the Magic Kingdom to eat. I had packed my lunch and I wanted a Dole Whip, so I headed up to adventureland and bought myself one!

On Sunday I had my first on the job training at Pop Century. I had to be there at 5:45am! Thank goodness I had my own car or else I would have to call and arrange for the bus to pick me up, because they don't even run that early. I met my trainer who's name is Catherine. She will train me for 4 days and then I will have someone else. We did some checkouts first thing in the morning. Later I got to do check ins by myself with just her watching in the background. She showed me where they keep everything in the front office and how to get my drawer at the beginning of my shift. She said I did really well and she didn't really need to go over too many things with me.

They give us 2 of the refillable mugs to use in the back, so we don't waste paper cups. They also have free coffee, tea and hot cocoa for us when we are on break. Everyone seems really nice and I am excited to work there!

I have off for Monday and Tuesday, so this morning I went to my Human Resource Management class. Tonight my roommates are having a karaoke/guitar hero party. Tomorrow most of my roommates and I have off so we are going to try to go to Typhoon Lagoon. The weather is supposed to be in the upper 70's so I am hoping it will be warm enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment