Friday, February 5, 2010

"On With the Show" and Merchandise Tier 1 Training

On Thursday I had my theme park orientation, "On With The Show" at Disney's Hollywood Studios. It consisted of a tour around the park and backstage area, and then at the end we met one of the cordinator of training for our area, who took us to costuming to get our costumes. I found out there are 3 different costumes for my area, I only have the one right now so borrowed some images from the Disney site

This one is the one I wear if I work at the Main entrance cart or at Movieland, which is located on the left right before you enter the park, yes there are shorts and yes they are the same ugly teal color!

Photobucket

This one is for if I work at either of the carts in the center of the park near the Sorcerer Hat. There are shorts and they are black too.

Photobucket

This one is for Mickey's Of Hollywood, Sids, or Keystone, pretty much my main costume. The jacket is optional

Photobucket


Today, Friday was my Merchandise Tier 1 training. It was sooooo long. Seriously we could have went over everything in about 3 hours but instead they dragged it out to 8! I mostly did a lot of walking around with the trainer showing me different locations. I also had to take some training modules on the computer on Hazardous Materials (so boring) and Guests with disabilities. All day they repeat the Disney Basics over and over again. I also got a lanyard for pin trading! Many people asked to see my pins, but only 2 would trade with me. I have some pretty junky ones so when I work again on Sunday I am going to trade the junk ones for good ones that people want. I was so excited when I got to go home!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is great! I'm doing Merch for FA and this is all extremely helpful to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. also doing merch for fall!!! loving your blog as always!!!

    ReplyDelete